HIGH LANE RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION

MINUTES OF STEERING GROUP MEETING & ACTIONS – by Zoom – 13th May 2021 8pm

Present: Angie Sequeira, Barry Sequeira, Eryl Hughes, Darrell Williams, David Burks, Hilary Stephenson, Ian Carpenter, Stephen Price

Apologies: Anne Walker 

 

  Item

 Action

  1.

Signage/plaques identifying HLRA projects, etc – proposed wording approved.   Actions: Hilary to organise printing; Ian to organise fixing and liaise with Audrey in relation to where they are positioned on the planters

   Hilary

   Ian

  2.

Replacement of benches at bus stop opposite Royal Oak and by crossing outside the Pharmacy - feedback from Cllr Thornley is that the council has no objection in terms of re-siting at the same locations and will revert with a price for new benches. Agreed: if this is cost-prohibitive we will look at procuring alternatives ourselves

 

 

  Hilary/Cllr        Thornley

  3.

Refurbishment of bus shelter opposite the War Memorial – Barry and Stuart R to approach Tomlinson Parbans about potential restoration project and establish whether or not they wish to continue to support our work now that Peter Lamb has retired

 

  Barry

  4.

Memorial roses for work of Tom Lambert and Carmel & Derek Sissons in Library planting beds – action now with Ian. Post meeting note: Ian has put forward proposal for constructing new timber planters at the end of each bed for the roses to alleviate mares tail problem – for steering group approval

 

  Ian

  5.

Spring Litter pick – thanks to Barry and Angie, big improvement after this took place on 17th April 2021

 

  6.

Towpath maintenance – resumption planned for third Friday in June in principle, Ian speaking with C&RT and will be restricted to the original working group initially until a routine is re-established

  Ian

  7.

Improvements to public right of way path between 71 & 75 Windlehurst Road – David and Ian to make site visit with a view to scoping the works now that the ground is drying out

 

 David / Ian

  8.

Local planning – Eryl’s report has been circulated. Item of potential concern discussed is new dwellings at Shores Farm, differing views on scale and sensitivity of development were noted.   Eryl to write to planning

 

  Eryl

  9.

Police - Hilary will write again to ask for update on what was actually done in relation to scaling up presence to address anti-social behaviour

  Hilary

 10.

Finance – please see separate report circulated by Barry

 

 11.

Parking spaces at the Village Hall – Hilary is in touch with Cllr Thornley regarding the proposal for additional spaces. Agreed to keep this item on the agenda pending formal update

 

  Hilary

 12.

Council matters – Hilary is in contact with the council on 3 other ongoing problems:

a)       Vehicle sales in Middlewood Way layby

b)      Bin collections - erratic replacement of bins causing obstructions, etc

c)       Poor quality of ongoing road resurfacing work

 

 

 

  Hilary

  13.

Library – noted that High Lane Library is re-opening on 18 May 2021 – the community is   encouraged to use this to keep it viable. David to advertise.

A return to HLRA meetings at the Library from July to be reviewed at next meeting, dependent on easing of restrictions on indoor gatherings

  David

 

Next Steering Group Meeting (via Zoom) Thursday 3rd June 2021 at 8pm

 

 

DB 31.5.21