MINUTES OF STEERING GROUP MEETING & ACTIONS – by Zoom – 4th March 2021 8pm

Present: Angie Sequeira, Barry Sequeira, Darrell Williams, David Burks, Eryl Hughes, Hilary Stephenson, Ian Carpenter, Stephen Price

Apologies: Anne Walker

 

Item

    Action

1.

Draft Neighbourhood Plan Reg 16 Consultation – agreed that HLRA’s own response will welcome the plan, endorse it and thank the HLVNF volunteers for their work. This will be subject to (a) the removal of all references to GMSF (it is understood that the Forum is amending this) (b) the removal of mention of provision for 'large scale developments' which may be taken to mean they could be considered and (c) clear statement that any new development should be 'within the existing built up area' and NOT encroach on green belt. Hilary to issue to SMBC.

All members strongly encouraged to submit their own individual response prior to the closing date on 14th March 2021, Hilary has circulated draft wording to assist.

 

 

 

 

 

  Hilary

  All

2.

Signage/plaques identifying HLRA work, etc – Hilary has obtained prices for screw-on or stick-on signs, budget cost of £10 per 15x10 cm sign. Agreed to proceed on basis of total budget £50-70 with large plaques for towpath project, old station project and Tom Lambert plaque for inside the Library; small plaques for rose planting at Library entrance (one each Tom and Carmel & Derek, see item 4) and each of the main HLRA village planters. Any suggestions for wording by email to Hilary and Stephen

 

 

 

 

 All

3.

Refurbishment/replacement of benches/noticeboards etc:

(a)    Benches at bus stop opposite Royal Oak and by crossing outside the Pharmacy – Barry has spoken to Cllr Thornley who has agreed to take up with the council.

(b)    Bus shelter opposite the War Memorial – Barry to speak to Stuart R and Tomlinson Parbans about potential restoration project

(c)     Library car park noticeboard - Stephen has been in touch with Paul Vickers of Home Instead re sponsoring the board, including renewal of internal lining, Paul is obtaining artwork proposal for discussion. Stephen will meet Paul to discuss wider sponsorship opportunities in due course.

 

 

 

 

  Barry

 

 Stephen

4.

Planting of roses in recognition of Tom Lambert and Carmel & Derek Sissons – Stephen has spoken to Ann L and to Audrey for the War Memorial team, preferred location is the planting beds at the Library entrance, agreed we proceed with budget of £40 as Stephen’s proposal, Ian to speak to Ian Kenna to ask if he will take this forward from here; Ian to speak to Ann L for colour choice.

 

 

 Ian

5.

Spring Litter pick – Barry and Angie have pencilled in 17th April 2021 subject to easing of Covid restrictions. Access to Library to be arranged, start times will be staggered for social distancing

  Barry

6.

Towpath maintenance – Ian thinks May/June 2021 is possible earliest restart for monthly maintenance sessions, Ian to contact to C&RT about their availability re supervisory role

 Ian

7.

Improvements to state of public right of way path between Windlehurst Road (roughly opposite Windermere Road) and Middlewood Way (route 202?) – project suggestion received from a resident. David advised this is already on the agenda of the Walk-Ride Group.   It was also noted that the path has been re-routed at some point from that shown on OS maps.

 

8.

Parking spaces at the Village Hall – following contact from a resident of Windlehurst Road about parking problems/use of spaces for residents with no driveway, Hilary has been in touch with Cllr Thornley who has advised a current proposal for 4 additional spaces and a further potential scheme for an additional c.20 spaces subject to funding and various other matters.

 

9.

Local planning – Eryl has identified the following open applications:

  • 142 Buxton Rd DC/079718 Tree to be removed TPO 64E
  • 4 Alders Green DC/079710 Proposed side extension  
  • Wyberslegh Hall Farm, 25 Weberslegh Rd Partial demolition and change of use to form four residential units, including provision of car parking, garaging, additional access and associated landscaping DC/079812 Full planning application DC/079813 Listed building consent application.   Agreed Eryl will write to request all relevant compliance with listed status  

 

 

 

 

  Eryl

10.

HLRA website – David advised that the HLRA domain name has now been transferred so the website can be accessed from www.hlra.org.uk from now on. David has also set up a HLRA account on Facebook.

 

11.

Police – Hilary has still had no reply in relation to support if we apply to the Asset Recovery Fund for provision of a speed device, will chase again

  Hilary

12.

Next Steering Group Meeting (via Zoom) Thursday 1st April 2021 at 8pm