HIGH LANE RESIDENTS’ ASSOCIATION

MINUTES OF STEERING GROUP MEETING & ACTIONS – by Zoom – 3rd June 2021 8pm

Present: Angie Sequeira, Barry Sequeira, Darrell Williams, David Burks, Hilary Stephenson, Councillor Shan Alexander

Apologies: Anne Walker, Stephen Price, Ian Carpenter, Eryl Hughes

Item

Action

  1.

Signage/plaques identifying HLRA projects, etc – proposed wording approved by the group. Hilary has sent the draft wording to the printers and the proofs have come back. Actions- Stephen to proof- read before printing. Ian to organise fixing and liaise with Audrey in relation to where they are positioned on the planters

  Hilary

  Stephen

 

   Ian

  2.

Replacement of benches at bus stop opposite Royal Oak and by crossing outside the Pharmacy - feedback from Cllr Thornley is that the council has no objection in terms of re-siting at the same locations and will revert with a price for new benches. Agreed: if this is cost-prohibitive we will look at procuring alternatives ourselves

Barry has spoken to Adam Cunningham, Neighbourhood Officer, who thought that the matter would be going to Area Committee. Shan suggested asking AC for costs for the two benches.

Shan suggested applying to Marple Area Committee for a grant from the Flexibility Fund before their next meeting on 23rd June.

  Hilary/Cllr   Thornley

 

 

  Barry

  3.

Refurbishment of bus shelter opposite the War Memorial - ongoing

  Barry

  4.

Memorial roses for work of Tom Lambert and Carmel & Derek Sissons in Library planting beds. Ian had put forward proposal for constructing new timber planters at the end of each bed for the roses to alleviate mares tail problem – which has been approved by the steering group. Action - Ian to liaise with Ian Kenna.

 

  Ian

  5.

Towpath maintenance – resumption planned for third Friday in June may not be feasible. Ian to ‘keep the pressure’ on C&RT.

  Ian

  6.

Improvements to public right of way path between 71 & 75 Road Windlehurst – David met with Malcolm [the owner of the land] today, accompanied by Anne Walker. Malcolm’s father expressed concerns about the fence being in the correct place which narrows the path and a fractured water pipe under the path. The original plan was to concentrate on the surface – use of gravel etc to improve the path. If the problem is a fractured pipe, then this needs further investigation.

Action- David to ask Aron to investigate the two concerns.

 

  David / Ian

  7.

Local planning –Eryl has written to planning about Shore’s Farm – the main concerns being age, change of character and road safety.

262 Windlehurst Road application to convert an underground reservoir to a dwelling was discussed. It was decided to leave this one to Shan as it is out of our area.

 

  Eryl

  8.

Police - Hilary has contacted PC Appleyard to ask for update on what has been done in relation to scaling up presence to address anti-social behaviour. She is planning to meet him to discuss their findings.

  Hilary

  9.

Finance – £100 in subscriptions has gone into the account possibly due to residents visiting the website. £150 has been paid to Rainbow Flowers for plants for the tubs. The plaques will cost about £100, and Ian will need something for fixing them.

  Barry

  10.

Parking spaces at the Village Hall – Shan was able to update as she had attended a meeting with Sue Stevenson and three other officers. The Village Hall/ Scouts wanted 24 extra spaces at a cost of £75,000. Area committee have already approved 4 extra spaces. Shan suggested 10 extra spaces could be found. Residents in the terraced houses across from the park use the car park as they are not allowed to park on Windlehurst Road.

Shan thought that car share may be a solution and should be promoted for those attending clubs e.g U3A, football

 

 

 11.

Parking / selling cars in the laybys at Middlewood Way – Darrell has done some excellent research on this. The council need to know mobile numbers displayed/ car registration. This has already had some success in removing cars from the laybys. There has been an increase in commercial vehicles using the laybys as there isn’t a Stockport lorry park at present.

Action – Hilary to ask for advice from SMBC on leaving messages on cars and putting up signs in the laybys.

 

 

 

  Hilary

  12.

A return to HLRA meetings at the Library from July – we need to wait until 21st June before making a decision.

 

  AOB

Barry and Angie asked about ownership of the grass verges opposite the Royal Oak. A resident is planting hawthorn bushes on them.

There has been a complaint about cars being left in the library car park. David is monitoring this.

Noticeboards – David has put RA posters on the new noticeboard at the library and A6 entrance to the park. He will put one at Hartley Woods once Hilary has obtained the key and one at the Village Hall car park.

 

 

  David

  Hilary

 

   Next Steering Group Meeting Thursday 1st July 2021 at 8pm

 

 

 

DB/JB 17.6.21