HIGH LANE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION MINUTES OF STEERING GROUP MEETING & ACTIONS –

  by Zoom – 11th February 2021 8pm

 Present: Hilary Stephenson, Barry Sequeira, Angie Sequeira, Darrell Williams, Ian Carpenter, David Burks, Stephen Price

 Apologies: Anne Walker, Eryl Hughes                                                                                                                                                                                          

 Item 1.  New HLRA website – positive feedback from the team and all agreed that David should launch as soon as ready.

             Still need to resolve the transfer of the domain name.

            Content is still work-in-progress but any comments to David please;

             thanks David for all the hard work in setting this up.

            (Post meeting note from Darrell re RSS feeds)  David     

                                                                                                                                                          

        2.  GMSF – Stockport now withdrawn from the Plan but developer risk remains,

             emphasis now on responding to future consultations on

             Local Plan and supporting Neighbourhood Plan.

             Dedicated page on website to keep residents up to date with what they need to be aware of

 

        3.  Finance – Barry reported excellent subscription income of £903 following last newsletter.

            Current balance £3,797

           David to put a ‘thank you’ message on the website to those who have donated.  David                                                                                                                          

 

        4. Windlehurst Road traffic calming – consultation ends 12 February 2021.

            Hilary to submit response on behalf of HLRA endorsing a need for different/improved measures

           and asking the council to ensure that all alternatives are considered.            Hilary

                                                                                                                                                                                      

 

        5. Community speedwatch – communication from Alan James about community projects in Cheshire.

            Hilary to contact Inspector Flavell and ask if we will get support if we apply to the

           Asset Recovery Fund for provision of a speed device

          (no answer to previous requests).

           David’s concern about personal risk to volunteers to be raised when police position is known.  Hilary                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

        6. Litter pick – volunteers are willing for end March, subject to Covid restrictions and risk assessment.

           Barry to contact Wayne Bardsley to get the Council’s position.

           Barry to ask Wayne if the Council will cover litter picking around Doodfield and Wybersley,

           where there are no footpaths and the litter problem is currently acute. Barry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

      7. Carmel and Derek Sissons – Stephen to liaise about planting a rose in memory/appreciation of their work.   Stephen                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

      8. Home Instead enquiry about sponsoring the Library car park noticeboard –

         Stephen to speak to Home Instead about this and wider sponsorship   Stephen                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

      9. Signage identifying HLRA work – Hilary to get prices/designs for screw-on or stick-on signs,

          also to potentially include sponsors,

          and memorial plaques for Tom Lambert and Carmel   Hilary                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

      10. Road surfacing and pavement quality – extensive correspondence led by Ian concerning

           Council services/coordination, Councillors actively involved now,

          future correspondence to be via Aron and Colin to keep the pressure on   All                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

      11. Consultations – buses and Marple leisure centre – submissions now closed, no output has yet been publicised

 

 

      12. Draft Neighbourhood Plan SMBC Consultation – David has circulated the email group to encourage responses.

           Agreed that all committee members will review the Draft Plan before the next meeting [4th March 2021]

           so that a consensus can be agreed on HLRA’s own response  All                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

     13. Local planning – Eryl has identified the following open applications, all domestic:

         • 194 Buxton Road DC/079569 Single storey rear extension, internal alterations and erection of proposed outhouse

         • 30 Bowfell Drive DC/079333 single storey rear extension

         • 18 Derwent Rd DC/079306 2 storey side extension, single storey rear extension, alteration to front elevation and use of render

         • 5 Derwent Rd DC/079365 single storey rear extension

         • 3 Scafell Close DC/ 079112 Garage conversion, single storey rear extension, front porch

      No response yet from the Council on the comments Eryl submitted concerning the Dog Training application at Lomber Hey Farm.

      Public footpath provision/diversion in this area is still unclear.

   

     14. Benches – Barry raised the need for refurbishment of benches at bus stop opposite Royal Oak and outside the Pharmacy.

       Barry speaking to Wayne Bardsley and Stuart Richardson.

      Noticeboards also generally in need of refurbishment – agenda item for next meeting

 

    15. Next meeting (via Zoom) Thursday 4 March 2021 at 8pm:

       Agenda items carried forward:

 

       1. HLRA response to Neighbourhood Plan Consultation

       2. Refurbishment of benches and noticeboards

 

SP/DB 13.2.21